Monday, March 24, 2014

When it rains...

Or in our case I should say, "when it snows"....... On top of all of the things my husband and I have dealt with this year (joblessness, a leak in our bathroom that turned into a $10k project which included having to have new walls on the back side of our house both inside and out) we have had the fun experience of dealing with ice damming! 
It can definitely be hard to not feel down dealing with this stuff but when you stop and think for a second, good can really come from the bad. Yeah it kind of sucked not having a job for almost six months but I hated my last one so much that tightening our spending belt a little wasn't all that bad. Plus I ended up getting a job doing something I really like that actually has to do with what I went to college for. The whole wall deal- well, our house isn't going to implode or anything and we had to redo our second floor bathroom which was so terrible. As far as the ice damming, I'm still searching for the positive there since we're paying out of pocket to not have another insurance claim. Who knew cleaning your roof and gutters of ice cost a thousand dollars? This is one of those things you wish you were warned about before buying a house.....


No comments:

Post a Comment